donkey with purple hair

The little donkey with purple hair
Project where I turned kids drawings into a children's book. This book was based on drawings from my 1 year old niece, I added a few lines to create the characters and came up with the story. Click here to view the complete book.


A little further was a really big and scary monster. He saw the little donkey carefully coming closer by, 'Hmmm.. that looks tasty' he thought to himself. 'Would you like to be my friend?' the little donkey asked. The monster roared 'GRRR' and opened his huge mouth, showing his sharp teeth. The little donkey ran away, scared.


On her way, the little donkey came across something really strange. Behind a little bush, there was a really big octopus hiding. 'Why are you hiding?' the little donkey asked. 'Because I don’t want to stand out', said the shy octopus. 'Do you want to be my friend?' the little donkey asked. 'I bet I’ll have to leave this bush? I dare not.'. The little donkey walked on.


After the pond the little donkey met another little bird. It looked a bit sad. 'Would you be my friend?' the little donkey asked. 'Then, would you be my friend?' the little bird asked. 'I can’t fly and all the other birds make fun of me!', 'I can’t fly either' the little donkey answered.

Fumblecookies
This book was based on drawings from 3,5 year old Sterre, text was written by Hyke v.d. Meer and illustrated by Sterre and me. Click here to view the complete book (Dutch).

Sterre is going to bake cookies today. In the kitchen, mom has already made a big ball of dough. Sterre chooses the cookie shapes, a star, a moon and a heart.


When the cookies are in the oven, she has to wait until they’re done. Sterre goes outside to play, because it’s a lovely day, the sun is shining.


'Mom, can I give the fishes a cookie?'. 'No, Sterre, you can’t, when you feed cookies to the fish, they’ll get a stomach ache!'.

<< back